The hospital was born out of a awful history of personal demise. Maulvi Feroz-ud-din, lost his wife, Kaneez Fatima, during childbirth in 1917, due to a severe lack of adequate medical facilities. In 1944, he founded the Ferozsons Trust with an initial cash endowment along with all the proceeds from his books. The aims of this Trust were to provide quality medical care to the under-privileged of society on a non-profit, self-sustaining basis; and to promote the education and social development of the community. The fulfillment of this vision began in 1971, when his son and daughter-in-law, Dr. Abdul Waheed and Begum Saida Waheed donated all their properties towards the construction of a hospital for women and children. It started as a 200 bed community hospital for women and children care. Fatima Memorial Hospital has transformed into a 510 bed multi-specialty tertiary care teaching hospital. Fatima Memorial Hospital believes in service excellence and quality health care to the ailing humanity The hospital today serves not only as a hub for patients, but also as the teaching base of all human health resource which includes the FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry and for FCPS, MCPS, MD & MRCGP training of postgraduate trainees.